Some computers do not have an in built webcam. This should not be a hindrance in operating different video chats through instant messaging, movie and video viewing. The Fake Webcam will use a video from hard drive to replace a webcam. This program simulates a webcam with images and photos.
- Shows clear videos of pictures, images and videos.
- Has a friendly interface with menu bar, task bar and search bar that are self explanatory in functions.
- Allows audio mode in addition to the visual mode.
- It allows customization and personalization of background theme.
- Allows video and audio streaming on instant messaging platforms like Yahoo, MSN among others.
- It can be used even without a camera.
- It uses a virtual camera unlike chatting and instant messaging services.
- The video can be played, fast forwarded, rewind depending on the user desires.
- Displays movies of other virtual messenger programs.
- Ideal for video chat.
- Allows webcam recording, splitting.
- It is a small sized file that doesn’t interfere with speed and performance once it’s is installed.
- Requires a good internet connection to fully function.
It is part from webcam category and is licensed as shareware for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit platform and can be used as a free trial until the trial period will end. The Fake Webcam demo is available to all software users as a free download with potential restrictions compared with the full version.