Enable the USB connection on your PC by installing usb serial controller driver. Most of the new devices run on a USB port. In fact, apart from even the computers, you will find that even the chargers are now using the USB port connection since they act as a data cable and also a charging cable. This is the sole reason that you must have the correct drivers to make sure that you run all the USB functions with ease. This is the power of this tool.
The application supports all kind of USB adapter issues which some of them include, lack of connection or absence of connectivity the moment it is plugged into the system. All you need to do is to access the port settings of this tool and you will have all the available options in form of functions to make sure that you are able to handle the application with ease. It is a tool that runs on a simple and intuitive interface.
If the driver is installed correctly you will see at Device Manager one of these entries: “Prolific USB-to-Serial COM Port” or “Serialio.com USB Serial Port”
How to install
- Go to Device Manager
- Click the plus sign (+) next to “Ports”
- Right-click on the “Prolific USB to Serial Port” > Properties
- Click “Port Settings” > “Advanced”
- Uncheck “Use automatic settings”
- Select “Input/Output range”. Click on “Change Settings”
Type “02E8-02EF” in the Value box. This value will change the port to COM 4. If COM 4 is in use, you must choose another port. The values for each port are.
- COM 1: 03F8-03FF
- COM 2: 02F8-02FF
- COM 3: 03E8-03EF
- COM 4: 02E8-02EF
- Enter the value, then click OK. Click OK again, then click Yes when the “Creating a Forced Configuration” window appears. Click OK.
- Restart the computer. The Device Manager can be checked, to see the COM port change.
Also, you can check here the installation steps
USB to RS232 Driver is licensed as freeware for PC or laptop with Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system. It is in input devices category and is available to all software users as a free download.