Xnews is a freeware program, a newsreader specifically used in Windows operating systems. The application is fast and easy to install. In order to install the application, the user has to extract the zip file it comes in with and afterwards run the EXE file from the directory.
Xnews runs from an executable and its advantages boosts its usage. However, its interface, icons as well as usage of the application is not intuitive at all times. Aside that, it comes with admirable sorting and filtering capabilities, a minimally distracting interface as well as an efficient functioning as soon as you get the hang of Xnews.
- It has an optional header together with article caching and folders for long-lasting archival.
- The newsreader has support for several servers/identity
- Subscribed groups can be organized into classifications
- It handles binaries as well (mime, base64, uuencode)
- Xnews consists of a remappable keyboard
- Plonk file (aka bozo bin)
- Selection of messages by number
- Message filter
Xnews is able to handle a number of servers, which makes it preferred by fans.
Xnews is therefore the best choice for users with USENET service which doesn’t come along with its own client.
Xnews is licensed as freeware for PC or laptop with Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system. It is in rss reader category and is available to all software users as a free download.